Saturday 10 April 2010

The Raw Health Club

The Raw Health Club is an idea I have come up with to provide support for people with health and / or weight problems that would like to try and sort their body out by eating a raw vegan diet.

Last year I developed a debilitating ailment which made me constantly dizzy and unable to work, walk or live normally. I had to take all kinds of medication to improve my condition until a consultant told me to change my diet and remove caffiene and reduce salt. On searching the internet for information about salt content of food, I was horrified to learn about all the additives that are in our food and all the salt and sugar that are added to everything that is processed.

When I found details of the raw vegan diet something just clicked and it made so much sense. Our ancestors didnt have fire, they ate raw foods; they didnt eat meat or dairy products, they ate fruit and vegetables, nuts and seeds. Our bodies weren't designed to eat the modern 'diet' full of chemicals and bereft of nutrition. We are being lied to by adverts, eating so-called food that only does us harm, keeping doctors and pharmaceutical companies in business with our illnesses and we weigh a ton!

As soon as I embraced the raw vegan diet my health started to improve and the weight started to drop off me. Four months in, I have lost 36lbs in weight and dropped 3 dress sizes. I feel like I have recovered from my dizziness/vertigo, although I have yet to have that confirmed by the hospital consultant, I have lost the symptoms of the other diagnosed illnesses, namely Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Spondylosis, Arthritis and I have been able to reduce the dosage of Thyroxine that I take for Hypothyroidism.

I am feeling pretty fantastic!

So now I want to help other people who are ill, overweight and ignorant of the fact that they are killing themselves with the food they are eating.

My plan is to set up a The Raw Health Club, a group of people who want to improve their health and lose weight by eating a raw vegan diet. We will meet on a regular basis to support and motivate each other, compare experiences and try out some new recipes.

So if you live in or near Coalville, Leicestershire, have health problems, weight problems and would like to seriously commit to eating a raw vegan diet and recording your experiences to benefit others then register your interest by emailing me at
valcharman@therawhealthclub.co.uk

Visit my website to read more about the food that is killing us and find links to other raw food sites / forums
www.therawhealthclub.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment